Become a Volunteer
VOLUNTEERS MAKE US WHO WE ARE TODAY - AND WHO WE CAN BECOME.
Would you like to help with us? Thank you! It is thanks to the generous support of our donors and good will of our volunteers that we can fulfil our mission.
We need individuals with a variety of skills as well as those who are motivated to help in a variety of capacities.
We welcome volunteers with their ideas and desires to make the difference that they want to make and are inspired to make.
BENEFITS OF VOLUNTEERING
Volunteering is one of the most rewarding things you can do.
While you won’t get paid for your community service, volunteering comes with a lot of other benefits to boot. Donating your time, energy, and possibly resources can be just as rewarding for you as for those you are helping.
What are the benefits?
- To become part of a team of people with a heart beating for Africa. Volunteering can help you meet different kinds of people and make new friends. You can gain knowledge and understanding of other ways of life. Improve communication in English or French. Participate in the organization's informal events.
- Gain confidence. Volunteering can help you gain confidence by giving you the chance to try something new and build a real sense of achievement.
- Make a difference. Volunteering can have a real and valuable positive affect on people, communities and society in general.
- Be part of a community. Volunteering can help you feel part of something outside your friends and family. One of the better-known benefits of volunteering is the impact on the community. Volunteering allows you to connect to your community and make it a better place.
- Learn new skills. Volunteering can help you learn new skills, gain experience and sometimes even qualifications. Volunteering can advance your career. A mentor can help you with your personal development.
- Take on a challenge. Through volunteering you can challenge yourself to try something different, achieve personal goals, practice using your skills and discover hidden talents.
- Have fun! Most volunteers have a great time, regardless of why they do it. Volunteering is a fun and easy way to explore your interests and passions. Doing volunteer work, you find meaningful and interesting opportunities that can be a relaxing, energizing escape from your day-to-day routine of work, school, or family commitments. Volunteering also provides you with renewed creativity, motivation, and vision that can carry over into your personal and professional life.
- Get free access to interesting resources related to Africa and global education. Our library offers over 1500 titles.
HOW TO VOLUNTEER
There are many ways you can volunteer to support our mission.
We have volunteer positions for a wide range of ages and skill sets, so all interested individuals are welcome!
Volunteer duties can be one-time or recurring. We can arrange to accommodate most schedules and create a volunteer opportunity that works for you. As a volunteer, you can assist with daily operations, tours and programs, public relations and marketing, or even just provide extra help at special events.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- dissemination of information about organized events
- administrative support of projects
- graphic design of promotional materials
- video editing
- help with the organization of multicultural activities
- help with organization and support during one-off events
- translations (from / to English, French)
Use your talents and time and help build a sustainable world in which all people are treated equally, that is respectful of the dignity and value of all human beings, of the diversity of cultures and the interconnectedness and interdependence of our common existence.
NEED MORE INFORMATION ON VOLUNTEERING?
You can reach us by calling +420 251 560 375 or by emailing email@example.com if you have any queries or would like to book an appointment with us.